Gentleman Squid Studio
March 27, 2013
DescriptionRise of the Ravager is arcade action best described as a blending of Guitar Hero and Missile Command. A god desires to be reborn, an event that would signal the End of Times. In Rise of the Ravager, seek favor from the Old Ones to prevent his avatar from destroying all. Play alone, or invite three friends to blast hordes of enemies utilizing a unique combat system based on color. Large boss fights, multiple landscapes, unfolding mythology - preventing the End of Time is an entertaining challenge.
- Unique arcade combat based on colors
- Single player campaign unfolding an engaging original myth
- Up to 4 players for local co-op play with scaled difficulty
- Upgrade system with refundable points allowing you complete stages with different builds
- In-game achievements
- Hand drawn art inspired by Mesoamerican cultures
- New Game Plus inviting you to play again with a higher difficulty and all your upgrades
Gameplay ExperienceBeginning a new game, Rise of the Ravager familiarizes the player with one color at a time using a button or key. Enemies can only only be stopped by use the same color bullets as the color of the enemy. As the game progresses, more colors are introduced along with different enemies and enemy patterns. Completion of stages gives the player(s) a chance to upgrade their temple turrets. These refundable upgrades include but are not limited to bullet aim assist, quicker shields, and buying more cannons allowing the player to spray the skies with additional bullet fire. Combining upgrades with memorization of color patterns, players fight off hordes of enemies in order to save the world. Playing with friends means more enemies are spawned ensuring all players share the task of preventing the Ravager from rising.
This is a game safe for all ages and a fun challenge for even the most experienced game players.
Rise of the Ravager Trailer Youtube
Logos and Web Banners
Want a custom banner for your website? Please contact us and we will be more than happy to oblige!
- "I am hopelessly hooked on Rise of the Ravager." 4.2 out of 5 - Joel Coulture, Mash Those Buttons
- "Rise of the Ravager is one of those games that made me fall in love with indie games in the first place." - Jason Love, Co-Optimus
- "You can’t help but get addicted." 9 out of 10 - Nick MacLeod, Capsule Computers
- "The various skill combinations (and option to refund), multiple levels, and New Game+ (ha, more like Difficulty+) make it easy to recommend as a shooter." - Tim Hurley, The XBLIG
- "The game itself beams with the high quality presentation that developers such as PopCap Games are able to deliver. If you are looking for a new shmup that's out of the ordinary then this will definitely be something worth getting into." - Brad "OtakuDante", OtakuDante's Gaming Inferno
- "At first I thought it a little dull... Soon, however, I was to eat those thoughts of mine." - Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- "Rise of the Ravager is an addictive shooter that does a great job of yoking that wonderful hypnotic feeling that a great shoot-em up can provide, while also deftly mixing up strategy elements and implementing an effective upgrade system to keep you on your toes." - "Primofimo", Indie Game Reviewer (IGR)
- "Rise of the Ravager is simple done right." 4 out of 5 - Brandon Schmidt, The Indie Mine
- "Rise of the Ravager is a highly addictive and wonderfully playable game with great controls and a healthy amount of challenge." 8.5 out of 10 - Paul H., GamePlayersReview.com
- "Single player in Rise of the Ravager was loads of fun." - Peter Christiansen, Wraithkal's Indie Gaming Corner
Lead game design